Friday, September 6, 2013

Xbox One Release Date and What it Means For You



It is official the Xbox One has a release date.  Microsoft has announced that the system will hit shelves November 22nd just in time for the holiday season, but what does this mean for the console war? Let’s take a look.  




Prior to the official launch date being released I was of the mindset that Microsoft almost had to put out the Xbox One before Sony shipped out the PS4.  My reasoning behind this was that you have a system that was offering more in terms of a product (with the Kinect) but that to me wasn’t even to make up for the $100 difference.  So I was hoping that they might try to make up for that with getting it out to consumers before Sony.  Except that didn’t happen, as I talked about in my first post, when I went to pre-order my Xbox One just two weeks ago I was kindly informed that they were already sold out.  The PS4 of course was not.

What I believe Microsoft is trying to do by pushing back the release date is buy some time.  With doing this they are probably hoping that they will be able to ship more Day One editions out to stores and into the hands of gamers.  If they fail to do this then I think they run the risk of losing people to Sony, because some people would rather walk out with a PS4 than have to come back another day to get their Xbox.

Personally I am hoping Microsoft can deliver enough consoles on the 22nd that I can pick it up, but if not is it possible that I would change my mind and buy the PS4? Well I guess it depends how long they make me wait.  What about for you? How long is too long to wait for your Xbox One before you make the jump to Sony? Please feel free to let me know in the comment section. 

No comments:

Post a Comment