Friday, September 6, 2013

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Well Not Yet..



I have mentioned before that I would like to do a sort of review in progress for Final Fantasy XIV but right now I have run into a roadblock with that.  After learning that my best friend picked up a copy of Final Fantasy for the PS3, it really sparked my interest in the game.  I knew I wanted to play it but I wasn’t in a rush to get my hands on a copy, so needless to say I didn’t pre-order a copy.  Well as you can imagine that has come back to bite me in the behind.  Of the two Wal-Marts, two EB Games and the Future Shop in my city there is absolutely zero copies for the PC available, and no one seemingly has any idea when they are getting any back in stock.  Whether or not Square Enix has put a kind of hold on shipping out new copies (similar to the halt they have imposed on the digital downloads) or whether just that they are back logged, is anyone’s guess

To say that I am slightly disappointed is an understatement.  After watching my friend play it and hearing about the cool things he is doing just makes me want to jump right in there and be a part of it.  For now I will have to get by with watching videos on YouTube and reading the many reviews until they are restocked.  Is anyone else experiencing this in their communities or is this something that seems to be localized to me?     

No comments:

Post a Comment